Thursday, June 25, 2015

We Few by David Weber & John Ringo (Empire of Man Series, Book 4)


   Not so much a full scene here, just... pieces of a scene.

See, putting Mr. Chung (a.k.a. Roger a.k.a. the one-legged dude in this sketch) into a strong, dynamic pose proved to be a bit... difficult.

Ah well, try, try, and try again, eh?





~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On another note... I don't usually get emotionally stirred up by novels. The exception being, I will occasionally laugh out loud while reading, and yes, a good book when finished will often leave me giddily happy. But besides that, any effect on my emotions is pretty minor. 

Ha. I did not expect this book to be an exception. But it is. There's this one scene... I don't want to give too much away, but for those who've read it: it's when Roger finds his mother. And for whatever reason, that almost choked me up a little. (Maybe the fact that I was up reeeal late reading had something to do with that.) (No, for those of you who *haven't* read it... it wasn't a warm fuzzy moment. It's heartbreaking, and anger-inducing.) The tension up to that point is real high, and I guess it just got to me.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of rare sketches from Empire of Man, that are quite good. Hope you can end it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind word, Anon! :) Perhaps someday I will reread the book and revisit this scene. Here's hoping, anyway.

      Delete