Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cobra Alliance by Timothy Zahn (Cobra War Trilogy, Book 1)

Haha, you can't cuff a Cobra.
   
Merrik firing at Trofts
  When I set my mind to picturing one of the many Cobra fight scenes in this book, I was momentarily stymied by the antiarmor laser. It's implanted in the leg. Talk about an awkward weapon to fire! I'd love to see an animated sequence of a Cobra in action.

  The narrative doesn't really help me picture this. It tends to say something along the lines of "he lifted his leg and aimed at the ship..." Well, okay then. That's all there is to it, hm? I get that the Cobras are a force to behold, yes, but with visuals, I think that idea would have way more, shall I say... punch

 
Daulo & Fadil with Qasaman soldiers fighting back against the Troft invaders



Merrik gets most of the cool action shots in this book. Thus the scene I end up doodling that shows Jin using Cobra abilities... is of her closing a bulkhead door in the Qasaman underground. Exciting, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment