Thursday, March 10, 2016

Conspirator by C. J. Cherryh (Foreigner Series, Book 10)

Bren Cameron, Paidhi-Aiji

   The Foreigner series is... science fiction with a healthy dose of political thriller. You know, real-world politics are something I avoid like the plague, but make it politics with aliens, and somehow it becomes fascinating.

   Granted, C. J. Cherryh's writing plays a big part in making it so interesting. I love how immersive the point-of-view is in her books. When Bren Cameron (main character throughout the Foreigner series) is distressed about not knowing where those closest to him are, I'm distressed. When he's exasperated about Cajeiri's constant shenanigans, I'm exasperated, even while I sympathize with Cajeiri's point of view.
Rescuing the youngsters

No comments:

Post a Comment